Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Books, Books, Books

Bookselling has been called a very pleasant way of making very little money.
-Jacob Zeitlin (American bookseller, 1902 - 1987)


Yesterday I was adding the title of the book I was reading to my Book Room list in the sidebar on this blog when I noticed something, see if you notice it, too. For those of you who do not know, Book Room lists, in order, the last ten books I've read with the one I am currently reading sitting at the top of the list. Scroll down right now to Book Room over in the sidebar and read the list of books there. Now, can you tell which books on the list are nonfiction and which books on the list are fiction? Easy, isn't it? When and why did they starting attaching short, descriptive blurbs to nonfiction book titles? I'm not sure when this tend started but the reason why may be the Internet.

No comments: