Monday, April 02, 2012

It's Always Something

Today's weather forecast:

Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 60.
Windy, with a north wind between 30 and 35 mph,
with gusts as high as 45 mph.


So what did I see when I looked out my bedroom window this morning? The wind rocking the branches of my neighbor's tree and two sections of our fence bowing inward from the top. That could only mean one of the fence posts had rotted way below ground level and was no long supporting the two sections attached to it. It also meant that it had to be fixed quickly before the winds really started gusting or we could loose the whole fence. So, my husband and I went out and removed the two sections attached to the rotten post. Next he began digging the rest of the post out of the ground.


My husband right after he pulled the bottom of the fence post out of the ground.
The rest of the old post is still attached to the section of fence in front of him.



New post in.



Completed with only one injury. Somehow a goathead got in my
jacket pocket and when I put my hand in there it stabbed me.


Only took two hours and we were finished before lunch.

No comments: