Thursday, December 01, 2011

Street Scene

Driving down Main Street to the hardware store the other day I spied a teenage boy slowing walking down the sidewalk with his face buried in a red cloth wrapped book. His presence only slightly registered on my brain at the time but when I was driving back home I spotted him again three blocks away from where I first saw him. He still had his face in the book and was walking even slower. As I drove by him he looked up, gave me a big smile of recognition, and waved. I smiled in delight at his reaction to seeing me and waved back. That small spark of human connection warmed the cockles of my heart for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Ally Bean said...

That's a lovely thing to happen.  I rarely, if ever, see anyone I know when I'm running errands.  Nice to be noticed.