Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Takes A Licking And Keeps On Ticking

I did laundry yesterday and noticed one load of wash made a clicking-banging noise throughout its spin cycle. When I finished unloading the machine I was a bit shocked to find my Timex watch lying on the bottom of the wash tub. I could not believe I had accidentally thrown the watch in with the clothes. When I reached in and retrieved the watch the first thing I noticed was the condensation under the watch crystal. I examined the watch face closer and could see the second hand ticking away. What do you know, John Cameron Swayze was right.

6 comments:

ally bean said...

Amazing.  I remember the saying, but not the commercial.  

Colleen said...

You find the most fascinating things - yup, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Wasn't there one with an elephant?

la pergrina said...

I remember that one, too. :)

la pergrina said...

I'm thinking this one came from the late fifties.  I don't remember it but I do remember the ones from the sixties.

Kay Dennison said...

I have done the same and yeah it does keep on ticking!

la peregrina said...

Yep, what do you thing would happen if you tried it with a $10,000,000 watch?