Monday, April 12, 2010

Spirit In The Sky

I believe in God, no ifs, and, or buts about it. Well, one but, I don't believe that God is a man and looks like this:

To be fair, I don't believe God is a women either. All you have to do is start reading the bible to figure that out. Heck, you don't even have to get that far into it to discover this fact. A quick perusal the story of Adam and Eve will show you this isn't so.

As we all know, God told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of knowledge but the devil disguised as a snake talked Eve into taking a bite of the forbidden fruit, who in turn gave it to Adam to try. God found out and became angry. Adam being the weasel that he was blamed the whole thing on Eve saying she was the one who told him to eat it. This is the point where, if God was a women, "she" would have asked, "If Eve told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?"

Prove positive that God is not a women.

Anyway back to God as a man. I know the bible says that man is created in God's image but what does that really mean?


This is drawing of a person that I created in my own image. It is just like me in that it has a head, body, arms and legs. It is nothing like me in that it has no face, no mouth, no nose, no eyes, no feet or hands, no ears, no brain, and no skin. It can't move, it can't breath, it can't think, it can't eat, it can't see. The biggest difference between us is that my little stick me is only two dimensional (It only has height and width.) while I am three dimensional (I have height, width and depth). This is the reason why my stick figure cannot get up and walk around while I can move in any direction in space that I want too. Now, if this stick person represents us as human beings in relation to God what must God be like?

But what if God isn't talking about our bodies? What if God is talking about what is most important to God, our Souls? What if it is our Souls that are made in God's image? Then there is no reason for sexism or racism because in God's eyes we are all the same. What a wonderful world it could be.

No comments: