Thursday, September 17, 2009

I See The Lights, I See The Fairy Lights

In the field of observation, chance favours only the prepared mind.
-Louis Pasteur



My sister e-mailed me this photo last week. She took it, I think, Spring of last year when we were in Manitou Springs. The mural I am standing in front of is painted on the side of a commercial building not far from the historical Cliff House Inn.* When we first saw the mural I knew I wanted my photo taken in front of it. As you can see I am holding a flower in my left hand. Only I'm really not, the flower is in the painting. The only reason I stood where I did was to get the fairy in the photo. My sister and I did not even notice the flower. I just happened to hold my thumb and finger right where it would look as if I was holding the painted flower. It was just a serendipitous event. I mean, what are the odds?


*You will find a nice photo of the Inn here since the one on their website is terrible.

No comments: