Friday, August 14, 2009

Summertime Blues

I don't know just what the problem is but I definitely have the Summertime blues. Could it be the heat that is making me feel this way? Its been so hot I'm spending most of my time indoors.

Could it be because I feel like I am still playing catch-up after being ill for over a month? Could it be the traveling I've been doing? I spent last weekend in Denver helping my niece move into her new apartment. Moving included some wall and kitchen cabinet painting. I'm not complaining since painting is so satisfying and gives you instant work results, I just feel like I've been traveling too much and I still have a couple of trips to take before the summer is over.

I don't want to work on my blog, I don't want to read other blogs, I don't even want to look at a computer screen. Is that because of the AARP Driver Safety Online Course that I just completed? It will be helpful to me in that it will lower my insurance premiums but is was an excruciatingly slow process and left me feeling frustrated at the end of each session. You know how time flies when you are on the computer? Well this program made time slow down to a bug crawl. It was like using dial-up after being on broadband for most of your life. I wanted to bang my head against my computer several times but since I was using a laptop I knew that if I did so I would be causing serious damage to both myself and the laptop screen.

Could it be that time I'm spending on the computer at the library helping to create a online data base of all the books in our collection by entering them one by one has made any computer time less than enjoyable?

I think it is a combination of all these things and instead of leaving you hanging and wondering just when I am going to be posting again I will take a break until the end of the month. Maybe doing this, no matter what Eddie Cochran sings, will cure my Summertime blues.



I'm gonna raise a fuss, I'm gonna raise a holler
About a workin' all summer just to try to earn a dollar
Every time I call my baby, and try to get a date
My boss says, "No dice son, you gotta work late"

Sometimes I wonder what I'm a gonna do
But there ain't no cure for the summertime blues

Well my mom and poppa told me, "Son, you gotta make some money,
If you want to use the car to go ridin' next Sunday"
Well I didn't go to work, told the boss I was sick
"Well you can't use the car 'cause you didn't work a lick"

Sometimes I wonder what I'm a gonna do
But there ain't no cure for the summertime blues

I'm gonna take two weeks, gonna have a fine vacation
I'm gonna take my problem to the United Nations
Well I called my Congressman and he said quote:
"I'd like to help you son but you're too young to vote"

Sometimes I wonder what I'm a gonna do
But there ain't no cure for the summertime blues

No comments: