Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Woman's Work...

Busy day, woke up at 5:00 AM this morning when the alarm in my bedside clock went off. I must have accidentally reset it yesterday morning when I fumbled with it trying to turn it off. I did not fall back asleep until almost 6:00 AM and then did not wake again until 7:30 AM. and that only happened because Duke was standing on my side of the bed grunting like a pig. That is his not too subtle signal for, "I need to go outside right now." So I got dressed and took him for his morning walk. It was a beautiful morning. We have had enough rain to keep everything green. Usually by this time of year the heat has turned it all yellow.

It has been so wet and cool this summer; my flowers are just blooming. This weather also kept most of the wheat from being harvested until this week. Last night a quarter of a mile long line of grain trucks sat on one of the main roads through town waiting to unload at one of the grain elevators. I've never seen that before.

Today I got the mower out and mowed the lawn. I also got the weed whacker out and took care of the weeds in the alley and trimmed around the fences and the house. The weeds in the alley were wet so when I finished the front of my jeans, sneakers, t-shirt, and me were covered in bits of green slime. I put the clothes in the washing machine and myself in the shower. After my shower I decided that since I was already doing one load of laundry I might as well do all the laundry so that is what I've been doing most of the afternoon between short naps. I guess the naps prove that I am not as well as I thought I was but even though, I do feel better than I have in a long while. It's about time.

No comments: