Thursday, April 09, 2009

I'm Am An Idiot

But before I tell you why I am an idiot I want to thank you all for the kind words of condolence that you left here about Kate's death. They were a great comfort to my husband and me. I find it is always easier to get through something difficult if you know you are not alone. You all showed me that we were not so again I thank you.

Now, on to why I am an idiot. I took Duke with me when I went to get the mail this morning and tied him to the lamp post in front of the post office. I picked up my mail, stopped to talk with a woman I know for a few minutes, and then headed home. When I got home I hung up my coat, wondering where Duke was since he did not rush up to greet me when I walked through the door. Then it struck me, Duke hadn't greeted me because he was still tied up to the lamp post in front of the post office. I grabbed my coat, rushed out of the house, and jogged back to the post office. When I reached Duke he gave me a look that asked, "How could you?"

How could I, indeed. I gave him a big hug and apologized for leaving him there. Then I unhooked him and walked him back home. I knew he forgave me because when we got home I asked him if he was all right and he smiled up at me while wagging his tail. He is such a loving little guy.

No comments: