Monday, April 13, 2009

Going To Take A Few Days Off

Last Friday we learned a friend committed suicide. I need some time away.


Update(9:45 PM)

First a correction, our friend died on Friday but we learned about his death on Saturday morning. Tonight I opened an e-mail from my sister and found a link to the video below along with a note saying "the power of music."

I used music to express my feelings in my posts last week about Kate's death and doing so helped heal me somewhat. Tonight watching and listening to this video has again lifted my spirits some. Music does have power and I do not know what I would do without it.



Roger Ridley- "This song says, no matter who you are, no matter where you go in you life, at some point you're going to need someone to stand by you."


Oh yeah, oh my darling, stand by me
No matter who you are
No matter where you go in life
You gonna to need somebody to stand by you

No matter how much money you got or the friends you got,
You gonna need somebody to stand by you

(Traditional lyrics)
When the night has come and the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh now now stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me

If the sky that we look upon should tumble and fall
And the mountains should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me, stand by me-e, yeah

Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me,
Oh now now stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me

Darlin', darlin', stand by me-e, stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me

No comments: