Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Morning After The Morning After

As you can tell from the two post below I was missing in action for most of the day blog wise. That is because yesterday was emotionally strange for me. I started out feeling giddy and then spent the rest of the day feeling as if I had drunk 20 cups of coffee every hour on the hour. The energy storm sitting over this country was heady.

Interesting election percentages:

Country- Obama 53% McCain 46%

State of Kansas- Obama 41% McCain 57% (Note: I had these numbers flipped and corrected them on Sunday Nov. 9th.)

My county- Obama 25% McCain 73%

I am proud to say that I was one of the 25% who voted for Obama.

The reason why Obama did so badly here in my little part of the world? The majority of the population believes with all their heart that Barack Obama is a Muslim and that as a Muslim his swore duty is to kill all non-Muslims. I don't know what the Koran teaches since I have never read it but the bible tells its followers the same thing:

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12)

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10)


Anyway, it really doesn't matter what the Koran says since Obama is not a Muslim but, hey, since when did the truth get in the way of anyone's religious bigotry?

No comments: