Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Laughter Is An Instant Vacation!

-Milton Berle

Two stories about my niece who lives in Denver.

Last week GreenPeace was on her college campus recruiting for their organization. Ok, they were really begging for money. Anyway, part of their pitch was to walk up to a person and make the following statement, "I bet you're for the environment!"

The third time someone walked up to her and said that my niece had come up with her own statement in reply:

GreenPeace-er: "I bet you're for the environment!"

My niece: "I bet I'm not!"

The fourth person she said this to was not deterred and asked, "Do you know what GreenPeace does?"

My niece: "Well, you kill thousands of indigenous people a year by turning their native hunting and agricultural grounds into conservation areas."

GreenPeace-er looked like he just got hit in the face with a snow shovel.

Now, my niece did not know if GreenPeace has really done what she had just said but it seems that this guy did not know either. The next thing he said was, "We save whales but we still let the Inuit hunt them."

How big of them.


This next story has to do with the Democratic Convention. She was on her way to work one day during the Convention when she passed an Anti-Abortion protest. She immediately send the following text messages to her mother (my sister).

Text one: I have just seen enough pictures of fetuses to last me a lifetime.

Text two: I will never eat baby back ribs again.


I love the irreverent sense of humor that most teenagers have, it makes them good bulldooky detectors.

No comments: