Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pulling The Trigger

Sorry I have been MIA for the last few days. On Monday I thought that my cycle of migraines had been caused by the single glass of red wine I had consumer each night the three previous nights. On Tuesday I was wiped out and spent the day taking naps. Wednesday I worked at the library again, same as I did on Monday, and damned if I did not start getting an aura. That is when I realized that the migraines on Monday had also started when I was in the library.

I looked up at the bank of florescent lights above me and wondered if they could be causing my migraines. Then I wondered how many florescent bulbs were actually in the building. Let's see, each light panel has four florescent tube bulbs and there are....I stopped counting panels after I reached the number forty-four. That means there are at least 176 bulbs in the main room of the library alone. Some of those 176 bulbs were out, some of those 176 bulbs were flickering, and some of those 176 were out but still buzzing.

At this point in time I'm not sure if the lights caused my migraines, or if the wine cause my migraines, or if the combination of the two things together caused my migraines. I do know I still feel like crap and I that am taking the rest of the week off. See you all Monday.

No comments: