Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I Can Hardly Stand The Wait

My two favorite Christmas songs as a child were The Chipmunk Song and Little Drummer Boy. Both seemed to represent the magic and wonder of the Christmas season for me. Santa and Jesus. An old man and a baby boy. Midnight mass and a tree decorated with lights and tinsel. A Christmas star high on top of the tree and a Christmas star high in the midnight sky. Christmas gifts for me and birthday gifts for baby Jesus. Christmas gifts given by me and birthday gifts given by three wise men. Reindeer and the lamb of God.

I can hardly stand the wait, oh Christmas don't be late.

Since this will be my last post until after New Year's Day I've decided to share both songs with you today.

The Little Drummer Boy

From the last five minutes of Bass and Rankin's animated television special The Little Drummer Boy (1968).


The Chipmunk Song

From The Alvin Show (1961)

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

No comments: