Thursday, April 05, 2007

Food For Thought

For the last few weeks I have been feeling like I have two left feet, that I am all thumbs, that I somehow started out on the wrong foot and at the same time that I can't even find my feet. I am fish out of water, a basket case, a square peg in a round hole. Some days I'm out on a limb emotionally.

Other days I am dog tired, down in the dumps, not on an even keel. I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants, that I am in uncharted waters, that I am all over the map emotionally. I can't see the forest for the trees because I'm in over my head. I'm trying to keep body and soul together but I haven't got the ghost of a chance because I may be a glutton for punishment.

I got up on the wrong side of the bed, I'm swimming against the tide, I'm skating on thin ice, I'm walking on shifting sand.

Some days I've got ants in my pants and feel like my life is passing by at full tilt. Some days I feel dead to the world and that my life is on hold. Some days I'm ready to throw in the towel.

I've got the blues.

But, it's no use crying over spilt milk. I'm still in the game. I'll be right as rain soon (knock on wood) if I just hang in there. I can turn things around by being Gung Ho and keeping my eye on the ball; they go hand in hand. The blues are here today and gone tomorrow. It's an ill wind that blows no good.

How do you like those apples? If I'm wrong, I'll eat my hat in a New York minute.

No comments: