Tuesday, January 03, 2006

FREE! Extra Post One FREE

(An update on the dogs that were living across the alley from me last fall.)

All the puppies are gone now but not forgotten. A couple of weeks after I wrote about the dogs "Harry" sold two of them. That left five. Then a week later another one was sold (that left four) but showed up back in the pen the following week. That made five again. Then the next week I noticed one of the dogs was sick, very sick, and I call Harry to come and take care of him. He called the vet and then took the puppy over to his house to doctor him. I was upset with Harry for a lot of reasons at this point but mostly I was angry at him because he never actually took the little guy to the vet. A week later the puppy died. Now there were four.

Two weeks later there were three. I assumed another one had been sold. For the longest time there were three and then I noticed those three were gone. Then about five months after the puppies had first showed up across the alley the puppy that was sold and then returned was back in the pen. When I talked to Harry I found out that he had taken the last three puppies to the Denver Dumb Friends League and two of them had been adopted. The puppy back in the pen had reached the time limit for "adoptavailability" and Harry brought him home. By this time the dog was six months old so Harry decided to keep him.

No comments: