Friday, January 14, 2005

Re-entry

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again

-Elton John, Rocket Man

On Monday after 12 hours of sitting in airplanes and four hours of waiting in airports I arrived in Denver. Two hours later I was sitting at a table in a pizza place and for a moment I had the strangest feeling that I was in two places at once. I had traveled so fast and so far in one day some part of me was still back in Amsterdam. The feeling only lasted for a few seconds but it was a little disconcerting.

Only two weeks away and things look different. The cars are too big, the streets too wide, the sun too bright, the ground too brown, the refrigerator too cold, and my computer screen font too large. Things are just starting to look "normal" again but I still have that disconnected feeling. I guess I'm not ready to jump back into my regular life yet. I am slowly catching up on the blogs I read and hope to get back into the rhythm of writing entries in my own blog very soon.

No comments: