Wednesday, December 15, 2004

To iPOD Or Not To iPOD?

I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.
-Groucho Marx


Not.

Now, before I read Colin's post, They need our help, on Monday Dec, 13th and before I read both 17 things which I love about my beautiful, bouncing new iPod. and 16 things which piss me off about my beautiful, bouncing new iPod at troubled diva, I decided against a iPod.

The day before I made up my mind to even buy a MP3 player I watched a story on CBS Sunday Morning about iPods. These things are so popular one college here in the good old USA has given everyone in this year's freshman class his or her own iPod. How is that for marketing? The reporter called it, "The invasion of the POD PEOPLE." Seems you're not hip unless you have one. After seeing that story I decided not to get one, not because I think there is anything wrong with them, but because I feel the same way Groucho does.

I bought a Rio Carbon 5. I am now in the process of downloading my entire CD collection into it. My blog posts may be very short the next few days.

No comments: