Thursday, September 30, 2004

If You Were One Of The Seven Dwarfs, Which One Would You Be?

Right now I am Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, and Dopey. For the last two weeks I have pretty much felt this way. I don't know what the problem is, I just know I am having trouble focusing. I have three drafts saved on Blogger with only the titles filled in because I am not sure how to start writing them. I have three books that I have started and am not reading anymore. I have taken to recording my favorite TV shows so I can fast forward though them when I do watch them. And I am having time slips.

Time slips, for me, are when you are doing something and all of a sudden you realize you are not at the point in the action that you think you should be. Clear? For example, when my husband and I run the dogs up at the cemetery we make three loops around the road that circle the grounds. The other day we were walking and I wasn't sure how many loops we had walked. I didn't even know how I had reached the point where we were at that instant. I remember starting to walk and then, like a rubber band snapping, I was jerked to where I now stood. I asked my husband how many times we had walked around cemetery and he looked at me strangely and said we were still on the first loop.

I've had that snap happen when walking to the post office. I remembered leaving my house and then, snap, I was walking in the alley when I felt as if I should already be at the post office building. I've had it happen while driving home from the grocery store. I got in my truck and the next thing I knew I was a block away while my body and mind thought I should be pulling up in front of my house. In a way it is like being in a dream. Then I remembered.

At this time three years ago I was in Spain walking the Camino. At this time three years ago I was having the same dream-like disconnect with time. What is going on? Am I having some sort of flash back? Am I suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome? How long will this feeling of disconnect last? I don't know but I do know that right now blogging is not high on my list of things to do. This could change tomorrow or it could last until the end of October. It was at the end of October that I finished my Camino walk. I'm not saying I am going to stop blogging again but I know it won't be as frequent for a little bit. Keep checking back.


(BTW, the names of the seven dwarfs are, Doc, Grumpy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Happy, Dopey, and Bashful.)

No comments: