Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Blogging

I worry that my I Read list will get out of control. I have more blogs listed in my Favorites than I do on my sidebar but now it looks like that problem is taking care of itself. Elsie stopped blogging a little while ago, my friend Gino's blog is gone and now Ron'sWorld has shut down too. If you go to his site you will see a picture of a tombstone with the dates 1999-2004. I am impressed by that. Five years is a long stretch in blog time. One survey found that 60% of the four million blogs they looked at had not been updated in two months, a quarter of them abandoned after the first day. So that makes Ron's run a hell of an accomplishment. A man's got to do what a man's got to do, Ron, but I will miss your site.

Over at SimeWorld Ian is asking the following questions:

1. Why do you blog ?
2. What do you like/dislike about blogging and/or blogland ?
3. What would make you give up blogging ?

My answers:

1. I like blogging because writing gives me great satisfaction. It clears my head. I like blogging because knowing people are reading my blog gives me the discipline to write more frequently than I would if no one was watching.

2. What I like about blogland is that you get instant pen pals. By instant I mean in comparison to snail mail pen pals. You don't have to wait forever to hear from them. I also like the variety of writing styles and topics that I am exposed to each day.

3. What would make me give up blogging? Money, lots of money. ;)

No comments: