Wednesday, January 07, 2004

La Peregrina Back On Line

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
-John Lennon

Hello, I've been off line or had intermittent connection to the Internet since Sunday afternoon. My husband put a new motherboard in our computer and had some problems with both the modem and reinstalling Windows. He finally got the modem working again on Monday and then connected to Microsoft to reinstall the Service Pack. This took the rest of the day and did not get finished until 0300 the next morning. I know because I was the one who stayed up until then. God, I hate Microsoft. We kept getting a "error in service pack, do you want to retry?" message and each time I clicked "yes" it would start downloading again.

Tuesday I pretty much stayed away from the machine while my husband reinstalled some of the programs that did not make it when the new board was installed. Yesterday he was a little upset when he got a message that new Windows updates were available since we and spent all the time updating crap from Microsoft already. God, I hate Microsoft.

But this was small stuff compared to the phone call I got from my sister-in-law on Monday telling me my brother was in the hospital after suffering what they thought was a heart attack on Saturday. He went in that day but did not want her to call at first because he was sure he would be out of the hospital by Monday. They kept him because they wanted to run some tests. Well, he was still in the hospital this morning but they both hoped the doctors would let him go home today. We still don't know what the problem was but I will be talking to my brother tonight. Life goes on.

No comments: